Monday 7 March 2011

Nurse North the Teacher!?!


Demonstrating an abdominal examination
Last Friday was my nurse- teaching début. I subjected my fellow trainees to lectures on how to assess a sick person and how to prevent, identify and treat some common ailments that life overseas may throw at us. From D&V and malaria, to how to remove a jigger worm from your foot, I can confidently say that they are now perfectly equipped to save the day…. Err, maybe…

I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed preparing the lecture, delivering it and answering their questions. Having always loved the hands on side of nursing and being in on the action, teaching did not really appeal, but I’m reconsidering this! This is a good thing seeing as teaching will be a key part of my future role in Chad! So Friday was good practice, because as much time and effort it took, next time it’ll all have to be done in French…!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.